Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible swimmers shoulder

Options
  • 10-02-2017 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I need your help...please. I have lived a sporting life relatively free from injury until a year ago when my right shoulder started to experience some light pain when I go swimming. Its not a crippling pain but it does hold me back from going 100%. I also notice the pain doing pullups and press ups and playing racket sports. I lived the last year in Amsterdam so visited 4 different physios for multiple sessions and I even got an MRI scan. All were fruitless. I would describe the pain as a numb feeling experienced when I extend my right arm straight. 
    If anyone has experienced anything similar could you recommend a good physio around Dublin who could help with this?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

An important thing to do is get an experienced coach to have a look at your stroke. If you've been experiencing problems long term despite treatment there's a good chance you have a technique fault which is putting pressure on your shoulder when you swim which is causing the pain. Physio should be able to get the shoulder back healthy but if you've a technique problem it'll just come back, think about how many shoulder rotations you do per session. Small faults quickly multiply!

Can't recommend anyone unfortunately as UK based but hopefully someone else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

Every now and then my shoulder flares up and I go to a guy in manor st. He corrects it every time. I'm not sure what the boards rules are in relaying his details but Google 'manor st physio' and he comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

@ Freddio

Up early training are we! O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

mad m wrote: »
    @ Freddio

Up early training are we! O_o
    Slept in this morning. The only remedy is a lunch time set

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Thanks weebushy, i had a friend who used to swim underage for Ireland to take a look and he said it looked fine.
    Cheers Freddio, I'll check out mark so...thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement