Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobby Paints

Options
  • 09-02-2017 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Everyone
    Anybody know where I can buy hobby paints in Waterford? acrylic ones like Humbrol or revell? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

grubbs might do this kind of stuff

https://www.goldenpages.ie/grubb-co-waterford/4/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It might be worth having a look in Lidl - could swear I saw some paint sets last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It might be worth having a look in Lidl - could swear I saw some paint sets last weekend.

i think you could be right there

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

You can't get hobby paints here. You can get artists acrylics in The Book Centre, Grubbs, Mr Price and sometimes Aldi/Lidl but they're not great for painting miniatures with.
    I use Vallejo paints and sometimes Army Painter paints bought online through Firestorm Games or Wayland Games. These paints come in really handy dropper bottles so spillages are less likely and they don't dry out as fast as more traditional pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The school shop in Ballinakill does painting supplies too I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭jmcc

katanajay wrote: »
    Hi Everyone
    Anybody know where I can buy hobby paints in Waterford? acrylic ones like Humbrol or revell? :confused:
    Probably best to order online. There used to be two hobbyist shops in Waterford selling them, along with Airfix/Revell/LOTR/Warhammer kits but they seem to have closed a few years ago.

Regards...jmcc

If you're set on getting Humbrol or Revell, you could try IDModels(dot).ie. They also stock Tamiya paints/sprays which are very good. Are you painting miniatures/models or terrain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I remember spending my pocket money in Fitzmaurices buying planes a paints..... I ruined every varnished table my mum had.

Sorry, I haven't send those paints for sale in Waterford recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katanajay

If you're set on getting Humbrol or Revell, you could try IDModels(dot).ie. They also stock Tamiya paints/sprays which are very good. Are you painting miniatures/models or terrain?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iLrOP-acRQU/maxresdefault.jpg

Trying to paint one of these. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Looks cool. Whatever paints you choose to get, make sure you use an acrylic primer first. You can get a decent sized can of grey primer or white in Halfords for about 7 Euro. Again, just ensure it acrylic based. I'd still recommend the Vallejo Model Color paint range over Humbrol and Revell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I think Ryans on the Mayors Walk and Colourplan on the Tramore Road will have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

If you can travel, RB models in Clonmel have them.

Advertisement