Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage car insured on a private (non vintage) policy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has managed to get around this.

A couple of years ago I got a 1974 insured as my only vehicle with First Ireland. It was ridiculously expensive (I think close to 2,000 euro) and the policy had a limited mileage, even though it was my only car.

It was classed as my main car but it was still a classic policy. They were the only company we could find at the time that would do that. We couldn't find any company that would insure it under a normal policy.

I had a lot of hassle with First Ireland and, as well as the fact that they ripped me off, I found them awful to deal with. I ended up buying a cheap, "modern" car and put the 1974 on a standard classic policy with someone else.

My newer car will be turning 15 soon and I'm dreading the renewal!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

It'll depend on car and condition of same. NCT excempt cars can actually be insured but T&C will be as strict as concours policies. Multiple Jap Cars or modified cars will be probably no-no.
    I've no car but have seen scenarios of same...'70's 911 targa being one...

Curious, what car u thinking off

• Registered Users Posts: 35 johndbee66

insurance companies are just becoming impossible to deal with. Forget about trying to insure any jap cars .

Advertisement