Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good speaker setup

Options
  • 09-02-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

So my trusty Logitech Z5500's have died and need to be replaced. I mostly just used them for watching movies, music and Youtube vids and use headphones for gaming.

I'm thinking of moving down to a 2.1 setup but open to 5.1 as well.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Without knowing what your budget is, or what sort of form factor / sound signature you're after, it will be hard to give a great recommendation, though I recently specced these for a friend and she says the sound is excellent.

This amp, with these speakers. Should run you about €120 total. Won't have the bass response of the Z5500s, but the overall quality should be a big step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Serephucus wrote: »
    Without knowing what your budget is, or what sort of form factor / sound signature you're after, it will be hard to give a great recommendation, though I recently specced these for a friend and she says the sound is excellent.

This amp, with these speakers. Should run you about €120 total. Won't have the bass response of the Z5500s, but the overall quality should be a big step up.

First of all thanks for the advice, it has gotten me thinking down a different route as I never considered going for an external amp. Hi-Fi setups and not my ballpark so would it be possible to get a amp and add speakers to it as i go along like amp + 2, then a sub and rear further down the line?

Budget is around the 300 mark which Z906's would cost. Sound wise I would be looking for something equal or better than the Z5500's (which I though were excellent) for movies and Youtube as gaming Iv covered with a pair of Hyper X Cloud 2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

you can pick up the Z906 for around €230 on Amazon at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

gizabeer wrote: »
    you can pick up the Z906 for around €230 on Amazon at the moment

Yeah I saw that but am reluctant to pull the trigger on another closed system as my Z5500's control pod is dead but the sub and speakers are in perfect order, so was looking to avoid having to dump every part of next sound system if just one component fails, if ya know what I mean.

Advertisement