Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your item will be delivered today.. then nothing

Options
  • 09-02-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I ordered an item from Amazon last week. With the parcelmotel/addresspal woes abounding, I opted for direct Amazon delivery. Set it to deliver to my work and was pleased to note on Monday that it's status was set to deliver that day (the green bar in delivery status almost at the end). Carrier is Royal mail. No tracking number provided.

But it was never delivered on Monday. And on Tuesday it was set to deliver that day... nothing.

And Wednesday it had gone right back to half way only saying 'it's on its way'. And as of Thursday afternoon that's where it's staying. And the expected delivery date is still last Monday!

The item is a delicate piece of electronics. I don't like the thought of it in the back of a van somewhere apparently lost.

Any idea what this means?

Cheers,
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

quad_red wrote: »
    No tracking number provided.
    When there's no tracking number on a delivery, the green status bar is only an estimate, not an actual indication of where it is

If it was bought direct from Amazon, I'd get in contact with them, explaining the estimated delivery date has passed, and they can advise you further. If it was from a Marketplace seller, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until next Monday before contacting the seller directly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Get in to Amazon chat and tell them that the courier is messing you about and where is your stuff.

I had this last week when it was out for delivery and never arrived when I checked it said "Delay Delivery because the customer requests it". I hadn't requested any such thing so I complained the following day and it turned up 15 minutes later. Driver just couldn't be bothered to come out my way the day it was supposed to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

This is probably partially my fault. I picked the free shipping option. All it says is royal mail. No tracking number.

I wonder were the packing/ready for dispatch/ dispatching/expected delivery today things actually reflected real life updates or were expected events based on an expected timeline?

Although the order was from amazon UK itself (not a reseller or marketplace seller)

tbh I find royal Mail one of the best postal services always faster than Asendia or iParcel.

I NEVER pay for Amazon delivery and its always iParcel the give my hassle, but you can't choose courier even if you do pay.

Expected delivery date is now... Tuesday 7 February.

Order was made 2 weeks ago and counting. Item was dispatched thursday last week and apparently about to be delivered on Monday...

Oh poor little delicate package of RAM... where art thou?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Expected delivery date is now... Tuesday 7 February.

Order was made 2 weeks ago and counting. Item was dispatched thursday last week and apparently about to be delivered on Monday...

Oh poor little delicate package of RAM... where art thou?

Get onto amazon support, they are normally very quick at resolving these issues :)

100% get on to Amazon, I always use the Chat feature.

btw RAM is not that sensitive, its HDD's that Amazon have a habit of badly packing then leaving out in the rain when Fastway (for iparcel) deliver them that are sensitive - my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

are you in the uk yes? royal mail are the worst ive come across for non tracked items, if your in ireland it wont be royal mail delivering it obviously,it will be sent to dublin for an post to deliver.

also 7th of feb was 3 days ago

are you in the uk yes? royal mail are the worst ive come across for non tracked items, if your in ireland it wont be royal mail delivering it obviously,it will be sent to dublin for an post to deliver.

What are you on about? Anything that Amazon send out with Royal Mail gets delivered here by An Post. Just the same way that Ascendia use An Post and iparcel use Fastway.

• Advertisement

No, I'm in Dublin
    also 7th of feb was 3 days ago

I know. I've never seen the 'expected delivery date' to be in the past. :confused:
    my3cents wrote: »
    What are you on about? Anything that Amazon send out with Royal Mail gets delivered here by An Post. Just the same way that Ascendia use An Post and iparcel use Fastway.

So AnPost have it then.

I've got one that didn't get delivered today with no tracking but thats coming with Asendia so An Post for the last bit.

Last time I had something that was over a couple of days late it was a no show and I got a full refund from Amazon.

my3cents wrote: »

My post is self explanatory, I asked was he in UK,and if not an post would have it, so what are you on about exactly?

No, I'm in Dublin

I know. I've never seen the 'expected delivery date' to be in the past. :confused:

So AnPost have it then.

You posted that the expected delivery date was now the 7th of Feb,u posted that today.. you can see how this is confusing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Amazon delivery with no tracking? Does that happen much? I always get a tracking # from Amazon even with free delivery.

You posted that the expected delivery date was now the 7th of Feb,u posted that today.. you can see how this is confusing??

Sorry- I thought I'd made this clear. I'm aware the 'expected delivery date' is in the past. But that's what that she status on amazon is.

As of today, 12 February, the expected delivery date is 7 February.

My confusion/concern at this is what prompted me to start this thread.

Anyway - I contacted amazon requested an update and a proper tracking number. They just fobbed me off and said if it hadn't emerged by next Wednesday I can request a refund or a replacement.

Advertisement