Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I just give up on Irish?

Options
  • 09-02-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've been doing irish higherlevel for the Lc, but I'm so dreadful at it that if I did lots of study from now till June I'll be lucky to get a H4.
    Since it's not part of my 6 best subjects do you think I should abandon studying for it, instead focus on my 6 other subjects and do the ordinary paper in June.
    Do I just need to pass ordinary level to get in to college? If so how hard is the ordinary course in comparison to the higherlevel? Would I have a better chance of passing that than the higherlevel paper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I'm in the same boat. I'd see how your mocks go and if you seem to be getting 60 percent or more comfortably enough then you're probably as well off to stay for the few months that are left, because you're only going to improve on whatever you get in the mocks once you add in the oral and everything

If you're just scraping by or you find yourself wasting time on Irish that could be spent on other subjects, and you don't plan on counting it as one of your top 6, then you could probably drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If you are getting a H4 you are getting in and around the 60%. I don't see what is wrong with that grade? If you are capable of getting that in Irish, stick with it, you don't know how your other exams will go on the day and it could end up being used as a back up.

Advertisement