Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best top up money card for online buying?

Options
  • 09-02-2017 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Im looking to get a top up money card for buying some items online and just need advise on which one to go for. Hubby has a credit card, so one credit card is enough in the house. I really just need something that I can upload a few quid to, and take advantage of some online deals that I see from time to time.
    A friend of mine had an 02 card years ago...was considering three but see it gets some bad press online.
    Any tips. Mods Please move post if hasn't been posted in the correct forum.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Sundew wrote: »
    Im looking to get a top up money card for buying some items online and just need advise on which one to go for. Hubby has a credit card, so one credit card is enough in the house. I really just need something that I can upload a few quid to, and take advantage of some online deals that I see from time to time.
    A friend of mine had an 02 card years ago...was considering three but see it gets some bad press online.
    Any tips. Mods Please move post if hasn't been posted in the correct forum.

The O2 Card is gone now, replaced with the 3Money card. They have virtual and physical versions of the card.

http://www.three.ie/money/

Fee's are straightforward:

75TdV8k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Thanks SweetCaliber....had read a bit up on three alright. I suppose I was looking for some personal opinions before I go ahead and choose a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I use the Three card a lot & I was very wary as the Three's customer service is a disaster. But in fairness it works really well & touch wood, I haven't had any problems.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Have a look in the Banking and Insurance forums, theres great discussion on the Revolut and N26 accounts, both of which are bank accounts you can "load up" and have a card you can use for online transactions

Advertisement