Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A month off work; where would you go

Options
  • 09-02-2017 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

It's looking like around May/June I may have the opportunity to travel with my family (spouse plus 2 year old and 5 month old) for a month. I'm pretty excited but as I can forsee this being the last major vacation until the kids are grown up (unless I win the lotto :)), I have no idea where to go! I want to travel everywhere. Currently living in Calgary but some of the places that have jumped into my head that i'd be interested in are Japan, China, Australia. As much as i'd want to fly to a bunch of places and spend a few days there, budget and children would probably would prohibit that. So in saying that, i'd prefer to see one country (max two) an travel around within.
    Ideas?! Maybe a poll is needed but i'll see how the thread goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

You see a lot of people travelling with kids in south East Asia these days. I'm currently living in Koh lanta in Thailand and it's full of families.

Maybe something you'd be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Definitely SE Asia to make your money go further. Vietnam/Cambodia? Check out this blog http://travelmadmum.com/blog/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Vietnam !!! No question about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Panama and costa rica?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jiminho

three for SE Asia; sounds interesting. My youngest will be ~5 months at the time. Would vaccinations be of concern? Also, how would you break up your time between the countries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Vietnam vietnam vietnam, ask yr gp bout vaccinations, been to vietnam 10 times now heading again in a few weeks, just love the place people food weather plus value for money, the amount of families you see travelling now increased big time last few years and plus the vietnamese love children ya'll be stopped or pointed at everywhere. It's a trip ye will never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Up the coast of Chile
    Or down the coast of Chile

While not the most exciting of South America's countries Chile is well worth exploring

Advertisement