Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Star Riders - Heavy Fire

Options
  • 08-02-2017 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭

Anyone pick this up? Really liking it I have to say. Now if you haven't found a glimmer in anything they've put out over the last 2 releases this album is unlikely to suddenly appeal.

Found most tracks were growers after the few spins only track not keen about is "True Blue Kid" but overall the album is packed with plenty of catchy vocal lines and guitar melodies. Looking forward to catching them in the Academy in around 3 weeks time.

Upcoming Tour (w/Gun,The Amorettes)
    Sat- March 4th - Dublin - Academy
    Sun- March 5th - Belfast - Limelight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Felt similar after first listen but now can say I'd actually prefer this to the Killer Instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

I like it .... solid album throughout. Enjoy the last few songs (Ticket and Letting Go and Fade) as much as the title track and the earlier ones released as promos. Not sure if this is a good thing. Lyrics and Ricky's delivery can be a bit tired ( 'Regular GI Joeeeeee') but overall its a strong album.

Ticket bought for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Like all three albums, each has improved on the previous. I think this may be the breakthrough. Really looking forward to Dublin gig and seeing them as headliners. Really good live band. Damon Johnson just gets better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Any sign of stage times for tonight yet?

Advertisement