Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use commuter trains between dart stations.

Options
  • 08-02-2017 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭

So pretty self explanatory. I commute from Dun Laoghaire to Connolly, and it just occurred to me that most of the Rosslare trains stop at both stations. Is it the same fare for me to get those ones, and I guess more importantly is it frowned upon for a Dublin commuter to take a spot on a wexford train when someone else might be going further.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

It's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Irish Rail doesn't distinguish by train type, it's the geographic zone that determines where you can use the Leap card and for the north/south line, that's the 'Short Hop' zone between Balbriggan and Greystones although the map suggests that the zone runs one more stop south, to Kilcoole :confused:

http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dart

I doubt if anyone onboard a mainline train checks tickets between Dun Laoghaire and Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

^ Kilcoole is included in the SHZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I took arrow train between connolly to howth junction instead of DART. The main reason was there was no DART scheduled. Can't remember what arrow's own destination was. But I did'nt loose any sleep over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

i'm told if you're cought, they make you spend the night in manulla junction!

you'll be grand they don't restrict what you can travel on in the dublin area, once it stops at your station you're sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

errlloyd wrote: »
    So pretty self explanatory. I commute from Dun Laoghaire to Connolly, and it just occurred to me that most of the Rosslare trains stop at both stations. Is it the same fare for me to get those ones, and I guess more importantly is it frowned upon for a Dublin commuter to take a spot on a wexford train when someone else might be going further.

You can use any train you want that stops at your destination.

Advertisement