Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New graphics card need help

Options
  • 08-02-2017 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi I purchase a new graphics card for an old shop bought pc I got an msi rx 480 and the problem I have is the pc wont display any signal. I checked and the Bios are the most recent. I will put the dated pc spec below hopefully not a card problem I don't have access to a friends pc to test the card on none of my friends " pc game"

Spec:
    CPU : i7 2600(non k)
    Mobo : Foxconn h61mxl-k
    Ram : 8gb ddr3 1333mhz
    Power supply : Corsair CX500M

The graphics card lights up and fans spin but that's all I cant even connect to onboard graphics when Gcard is installed. Any help much appreciated cheers lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What card did you used to have?

Did you look in bios to set the PCIe to Gen 2 rather than auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when I last put a new gpu with my i5-2500k I had to upgrade the mobo to the latest driver as it wasn't recognising it

Advertisement