Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RETURNING TO UNIVERSITY BUT HAVE ANOTHER DEGREE

Options
  • 08-02-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All, 
    I was hoping for some advice or maybe someone is in/knows someone in the same situation. I am planning on returning to do a degree in Nursing in September 2018, but I already hold a degree from CIT, which I graduated from in 2012. Does anyone know what the situation is with fees. I know that years back you had free fees once you hadn't been in education for 5 years but I don't know if that is still the case. 
    Any information would be much appreciated...
    Jen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

jen_cork wrote: »
    Hi All, 
    I was hoping for some advice or maybe someone is in/knows someone in the same situation. I am planning on returning to do a degree in Nursing in September 2018, but I already hold a degree from CIT, which I graduated from in 2012. Does anyone know what the situation is with fees. I know that years back you had free fees once you hadn't been in education for 5 years but I don't know if that is still the case. 
    Any information would be much appreciated...
    Jen

That five year rule did and does now only apply to people who didn't complete the qualification. So if you are returning to education after a period of 5 years having not completed a degree you can get free fees. Once you have completely a degree you are not entitled to free fees even with a gap of five years.

Advertisement