Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless funds not being taken for 5 days

Options
  • 08-02-2017 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Alright so im with bank of ireland and discovered that when you tap for any amount of purchases the funds dont be taken till 5 days later most bank cards only let you tap 3 times but mine I can seem to tap as many times as I like which is useful and dangerous as im -165 euro at the moment I got a bit too carried away with tapping. Why does it take so long to be taken from your account? Its handy if you dont mind being slightly overdrawn what are your thoughts on these contacless cards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Does your student account with the bank include an overdraft facility OP. ? if so what is the limit? This may have something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Contacted transactions are done offline, so they're not tallied right off and only get removed when the vendor provides the receipt for the purchase to your bank. It's the only way contact less can work, currently.

Overdraft or no, a contactless transaction can overdraw your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ladygoodman

They are handy when needed, but I would stay away - spend what you have and only use contactless when necessary or if you are 100% aware of what you are spending and earning.

Advertisement