Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help To Buy Scheme - Timing

Options
  • 08-02-2017 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Hi boards.

I'm buying a new build in a development at the moment (yet to be built - completed Sept/Oct).

The sales agency have said I should file my help to buy scheme application now (the contractors are qualified as per the Revenue website). The contracts are expected to be delivered late March / early April. They have a clause that they need to be signed within three weeks to get the kitchen appliances.

I'm also waiting on signing my mortgage documents (have approval in principle, land has been valued by the bank and i'm waiting on the bank now)

Should I file my help to buy scheme application now (even though I don't have the contracts, is this a prerequisite?) or should I hold off until I have the contracts? Revenue said it would take about 6 weeks which would affect the clause about appliances.

Finally, to complicate things further, the sales person said I could take the rebate from Help to Buy scheme off the deposit.

What do you think boards? Should I go ahead now or wait until I have the contracts in place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Big thread here discussing the HTB scheme.

To answer your question get applying immediately, there can be a lot of roadblocks and hurdles to jump so any time you waste now you may regret in a few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement