Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legally Blind Definition

Options
  • 07-02-2017 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭

According to the definition of legal blindness given by the NCBI, the "widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angle no greater than 20 degrees".
    In my case I have no visual field to the left side so I'm basically 50% blind but my remaining vision is normal. How would that fit the criteria?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

Gael23 wrote: »
    According to the definition of legal blindness given by the NCBI, the "widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angle no greater than 20 degrees".
    In my case I have no visual field to the left side so I'm basically 50% blind but my remaining vision is normal. How would that fit the criteria?

No, you wouldn't meet the criteria.

The form asks the ophthalmologist to certify that the vision in the patient's better eye is less than 6/60 and/or less than 20 degrees of field.

Advertisement