Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Laptop Sound Issue

Options
  • 07-02-2017 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭

So here's one, I recently bought new Beats headphones. They work fine on my phone and fine on other devices I've tried them in. However when it comes to my Asus laptop it takes about 3 or 4 minutes of constantly putting them in and out of the headphone jack for the laptop to register that there are headphones connected and for the sound to switch from the speakers to the headphones. With the slightest shift in movement the headphones will then stop working again and it's another 3-4 minutes and fiddling about with the headphone jack.

The thing is, this is only the case with these particular headphones, literally every other headphones I try using on this laptop work without a problem. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Either the Beats have an integrated mic or the laptop supports combi TRS jacks and doesnt align well with the beats.

I'd guess the former. If so you can purchase a small adapter.

Advertisement