Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural mobile modem set up

Options
  • 07-02-2017 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on what 4G modem (with wifi) and external antenna to get. I need to use an external antenna as the signal is on the outside of my gable wall. The maximum speed I was getting on my phone was 20mbps on 4G, so I don't need the modem to be capable of much more. I will be using the 3 network.

I am thinking of getting the HUAWEI B593, but there are loads of different models, s, u, -12, -22. Could someone please point me to the most suitable?

For the antenna, I dont know exactly which the signal is coming from, but I think it is between 12-15km away (across an open sea bay). I was thinking of this one (https://goo.gl/1RFhRc - €80) as mentioned in another post, and I will need to wall mount it.

Any advice is much appreciated from an internet starved rural dweller.

Advertisement