Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof leak solution ??

Options
  • 07-02-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have a leak in my roof just below the chimney. Old house +100 years old.
    I've had roof patched up where we thought it was coming from but it persists. Had 3 roofers out to look at it recently and 2 of them said roof looks ok, problem might be the old chimney itself and to apply a waterproof seal. Any thoughts on this and if it sounds like a good idea can anyone recommend a good sealer for the chimney.
    Thanks
    ftc
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Did you check the lead flashing around the chimney? May need to be reseated and sealed. ( if there is flashing)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Cerco wrote: »
    Did you check the lead flashing around the chimney? May need to be reseated and sealed. ( if there is flashing)

Is there a flue liner inside? This could be broken and miss placed, catching the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭feartheclaw

Cerco wrote: »

Yes flashing seems to be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭feartheclaw

DanWall wrote: »
    Is there a flue liner inside? This could be broken and miss placed, catching the rain

I've no idea. How do I go about finding this out? One chimney pot is filled with cement and the other has a big chimney post which I cant see into...

Advertisement