Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Does A Document Take From Ireland to Australia?

Options
  • 07-02-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I sent a drawing off in a (do not bend) letter on the 24th January by registered post. I've gone and lost the damn receipt with the tracking number, and it's been 15 days now, and I'm really worried, as the person says they've not received it yet. What do I do? I have the persons address but I don't know if I should wait a little longer or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

What part of Australia? It should usually be less than 10 working days by normal post and you're just over this so I would give it til Friday maybe and until then keep your fingers and toes crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MichaelDunne85

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    What part of Australia? It should usually be less than 10 working days by normal post and you're just over this so I would give it til Friday maybe and until then keep your fingers and toes crossed!

Yeah, it was registered post to Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia. So I don't know, I just hate the thoughts of a drawing I've done for someone gone missing. I wouldn't mind if it was an item or clothing or something but I made this specially for this person so I can't replace it. Thanks for letting us know! I've asked them to wait until Friday and see if they get it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Can you put it in roll thinggy?

Do not bend seems to be an invitation to well, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Doh, sorry OP and thanks testicles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MichaelDunne85

Thanks, I'm just going to wait it out until Friday, I'll offer the person a full refund if not, or the choice for me to do the drawing exactly as I did it before free of charge, but this time, with express courier, it will cost more but I'll do it to make sure it gets there. If they want the drawing of course, or just the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I wouldn't panic just yet. There has been a postal strike in Australia. All registered mail goes to Melbourne and onwards from there. Registered Mail by its nature goes hand to hand so will always be slower.

As for the tracking number wherever you posted it should be able to track in manifest

If you need to claim the An Post Code is designed to put you in the position you should have been in compensation wise

Advertisement