Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Air black screen

Options
  • 07-02-2017 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi .. help needed. I have MacBook Air 2014 it was working fine in start but all of sudden screen started flickering and then went black ... though I can see with flash light that it's working fine but back light won't work I tried to do the pram and smc thing on it and tried to disconnect battery but still no luck with it can anyone tell me what else could be done to it to bring it back to life. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

sounds like you need a new screen

If you bought it in Ireland call apple support and they should fix it for free

you might need to quote this to them to get warranty

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Durrani

I got it used and I don't have any proof of purchase ...

if its an Irish model you can still go back to apple

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Same thing happened to my 2014 macbook air. Black screen but when you plugged in the charger the green light came on to say it was charging. Tried all the reset options but in the end had to bring it to an apple store and they replaced a cable inside. Luckily I was just inside my warranty when it happened though so don't know cost.

How can we check if it's Irish model ? Thanks

• Advertisement

But my one is out of warranty and I have heard fixing from apple is very costly

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Just telling you my experience and sounds like similar issue. You're going to have to pay something I think. Try a non apple repair shop.

does it have a € on the keyboard and the enter key over two rows of keys

Yes it is .. I will go tommorow to compu be and I will try my luck there ... thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Try sending it out to an external monitor to make sure it's insides are all still good.

• Advertisement

Well honestly don't have that thunderbolt things to me it just looks like something is wrong with back lights. Coz when I put flash light on it I can see everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sheepy01

Try Teknik Repair Group, they were one of the 100 companies in the Dublin Tech Summit this year. Very cool guys, fighting also for the fair repair bill here in Ireland.

Advertisement