Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truma Heater not firing.

Options
  • 07-02-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a Trumatic 3002P gas heater. The one where you have to press th igniter button to fire it. Its just not firing. I think the gas is OK, everything else works OK, including the water heater right beside it. Looking in the small inspection window, I'm not seeing a spark when I press the igniter, so I suspected the igniter was faulty. I've replaced it and still no joy. Just from reading up, my next idea is to take off the inspection window and move the electrode closer - it may have shifted too far back, thus not causing the spark. But this is all I can think. Should I definitely be seeing this spark in the window? Any other suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Not familiar with that model, but Is there an AA battery powering the ignitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

karmaan wrote: »
    Not familiar with that model, but Is there an AA battery powering the ignitor?

No, no batteries involved, its a piezo igniter. You push the button, it 'clicks' and creates a spark on an electrode to ignite.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

If you take off the front panel, there is a wire connected to the igniter and earthed off a screw beside it. I've had that come loose on mine and cause some problems

sean61 wrote: »
    If you take off the front panel, there is a wire connected to the igniter and earthed off a screw beside it. I've had that come loose on mine and cause some problems

Yeah, the wire is connected, and so is the earth. I'm investigating the possibility that the wire from the igniter to the electrode is chaffing and earthing somehow. Any tips on this would also be appreciated! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I sometimes have trouble with my Truma heater. I think it might need a couple of minutes from when the bottle turned on and the valve in the cupboard and also I think the van needs to be level (certainly found level is an issue with hot water boiler) I have never been able pin it down exactly, rarely go at it... just my 2c.

• Advertisement

If the gas lines are empty sometimes they trigger the regulator safety stop when filled.

kelbal wrote: »
    Yeah, the wire is connected, and so is the earth. I'm investigating the possibility that the wire from the igniter to the electrode is chaffing and earthing somehow. Any tips on this would also be appreciated! thanks

Is it grounded (DC) or earthed (AC)...as in is it a protective earth or a circuit ground common to the chassis?

Is it grounded (DC) or earthed (AC)...as in is it a protective earth or a circuit ground common to the chassis?

It wasn't working initially with the new switch, but after properly securing the faceplate on, thus it being earthed, it worked again.
    Thanks

Advertisement