Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to help

Options
  • 06-02-2017 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've known this man for over a year and we have had a casual relationship for this time. He said he couldn't be in a proper relationship because his life was so chaotic and I accepted that. I was very fond of him but it suited me too at the time because I'd been hurt badly in the past and was afraid of getting in too deep again and my life is no picnic either. I'm pushing 40 and a single mother living with parents and starting from scratch in a new career after going back to college.

However, in the last few months I was starting to feel a lot more for him and realised I had fallen for him. He was starting to say stuff about me too like wishing he'd met me years ago and now he'd spent his whole life looking for love and it came now when he felt he was too old (hes nearly 50) and messed up. I was starting to want more with him.

In the last while things have gone completely wrong for him. He's lost his job and his home. I asked him to come and stay with me for a while but he won't because he doesn't want to impose on my parents. He won't tell his family he's homeless because he's too ashamed. He has no one and nowhere to go so he's sleeping in his car.

He's texted me a few times to say he doesn't know if he can go on. I'm worried sick about him. I've tried to be there for him and he says I'm the only one he can talk to but it feels like he's given up. Then last night he texted me to say that he was only trouble to me with everything else I have going on he's not worth it and it's not worth it for me to be with him. He said he was a dead man walking.
    How can I help him?

Advertisement