Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map Laminating

Options
  • 06-02-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Anyone know a good place to get OS maps laminated preferably near the Talbot Street /IFSC/ O Connell Street area but further afeild either?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Anyone know a good place to get OS maps laminated preferably near the Talbot Street /IFSC/ O Connell Street area but further afeild either?

Thanks for the help!
    Try snap printing in IFSC. Beside the college.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If it's for hiking use just buy some of the stuff used for laminating school book covers from a stationary shop, works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If it's for hiking use just buy some of the stuff used for laminating school book covers from a stationary shop, works a charm.
    You can also buy weatherproof OSI discovery series maps or treat paper maps with something like Nikwax map proof http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/products/productdetail.php?productid=64&itemid=-1&fabricid=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

Try snap printing in IFSC. Beside the college.

Thanks, I was thinking them alright, probably not the cheapest though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Thanks, I was thinking them alright, probably not the cheapest though
    Best to give them a call first. Used them for some a4 laminates for work and it was 2.40 ea. Actually, covering with school book clear covering as suggested above sounds ideal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

Best to give them a call first. Used them for some a4 laminates for work and it was 2.40 ea. Actually, covering with school book clear covering as suggested above sounds ideal...

Yeah I will...Might try the school book on an older map and see how it turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

In the long run it'll probably be more practical to just get a waterproof map from OSI or EastWest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yeah I will...Might try the school book on an older map and see how it turns out

We use it for laminating adventure racing maps.

The trick is to stick the leading edge of the laminate onto a table about 2" of excess, slide the map up to the edge and slowly peel back the protective layer using the edge of a ruler as a squeegy to keep wrinkles out as you stick the lamintate to the map.

Can trim excess or fold it onto the back of the map.

Advertisement