Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roku replacement remote

Options
  • 06-02-2017 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

A few months ago I bough a Roku streaming stick. Since buying it I've dropped the remote on the floor twice. It hasn't damaged the remote but it prompted me to look for a replacement just in case I do ever damage it. I thought I'd get one for about a tenner that I could keep in a drawer as a spare. I didn't realise how hard it was to find one.

I've looked on Amazon and for some bizarre reason they're selling remotes that cost twice as much as a new streaming stick and remote. The 'cheaper' ones still cost about as much as a new streaming stick. I've seen cheap copy ones on eBay for about €4 but I think they're for the box rather than the streaming stick. The Roku website doesn't even sell replacement remotes, or at least they don't sell them to Irish customers.

Is there anywhere I can get a spare remote for a reasonable price or should I glue this one to my arm so I don't drop it again? I don't own a smartphone by the way so getting an app isn't an option.

Advertisement