Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an oven

Options
  • 06-02-2017 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,995 ✭✭✭✭

Need to replace the old oven that's falling apart. We DON'T want one of those two-chamber units, we never broil in the oven, just on the hob and rarely in a barbecue outside. Herself does lots of baking and wants an oven convenient for that - easy to clean, reliable temperature control and simple controls. Knobs are fine, not everything needs to be touchpad to be good. It'd be an electric oven.

Also, the oven will be under-counter like most of them, in our dreams we'd remodel and put it higher up but that's not a reality.

One unit we saw at Harvey Norman featured a door that you could slide into the oven; this particular oven was more expensive than average, and I was concerned that the slide-in-door bit wouldn't hold up with years of near-daily use. What brands do people like? Bosch is well regarded but premium prices too.

We'd be shopping for it in the Tralee area. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Slide and hide is more useful for ovens at chest height I think, you night not need it.

What I have read is that you should buy the best brand you can afford, rather than a cheaper brand with fancier dials/functionality.

This seems like a good basic model - Bosch for €370
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=45-40-13B150B

or if you want to push the boat out - a Bosch with pyrolitic and slide & hide
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=45-40-G674BS1B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Electrolux also do a decent single oven that has multifunction facilities, stay clean sides, easy slide rails for the grill pan and soft touch door closing, its pretty good quality that's made in Germany and retails c 450e, should be available in the Kingdom

Advertisement