Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary county council hiring general operatives

Options
  • 05-02-2017 9:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭

i see tipperary county council are now hiring general operatives,i am just wondering what are peoples views on these jobs? would it be a good job to get? also are they hiring many?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

primary 2 wrote: »
    i see tipperary county council are now hiring general operatives,i am just wondering what are peoples views on these jobs? would it be a good job to get? also are they hiring many?

Job for life, pensionable, good t&c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

Donal55 wrote: »
    Job for life, pensionable, good t&c.

i know that but would the job be boring and would the day go quick do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

i know that but would the job be boring and would the day go quick do you think?

Ah here. Are you serious? Is your current job exciting and fulfilling?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

pablo128 wrote: »
    Ah here. Are you serious? Is your current job exciting and fulfilling?
    its like most jobs, its just when you would be trying something new you would want to be sure it would be for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Well if you call hedge cutting, litter picking, clearing ditches,, shifting horses, removing dead cats and dogs, patching roads, fixing footpaths and clearing up after floods etc exciting the day might go quick.

You'll be a general op not an engineer.

• Advertisement

i see Tipperary county council are now hiring general operatives,i am just wondering what are peoples views on these jobs? would it be a good job to get? also are they hiring many?

Nearly €500 per week gross starting off. Very good salary and there is a chance to build your career within the council.

My uncle started on the roads in the 80s and now he is overseeing Water/Sanitary services with the last couple of years. In any case sometimes work is more about the camaraderie and relationships built with colleagues then the tasks involved. Thats what makes the day go faster as much as anything. Alot of the old crew are coming to the retirement age in the council now in the Carrick area at least. Good that they are still hiring directly as opposed to going to a recruitment company where they can work lads on short term contracts with little rights (sick pay, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

They interviewed 600 people for 40 jobs according to that article? Crazy numbers.

Advertisement