Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying comics online

Options
  • 05-02-2017 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

has anyone found a good site to buy comics, anyone i come across are pure crap.

looking to get a few different series from last year and it's proving difficult.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

What is it you're looking for? What's been crap about where you've looked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

mrmorgan wrote: »
    has anyone found a good site to buy comics, anyone i come across are pure crap.

looking to get a few different series from last year and it's proving difficult.

Amazon? I used to buy my ex his comics from there. Pretty decent prices and in good condition. Then again, I'm not into comics whatsoever so I could be Taljing utter rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

If its current stuff. There's no Finer Mail order crew on these shores than Big Bang Comics.

Solid pricing, Excellent delivery times.
    And a handy way to get your comics when you don't have a local store.
    Should be worth a quick Email/FB message to see what they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Mile High Comics for back issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have my comics ordered biweekly from The Big Bang, as mentioned above its quick and easy to setup and managing a list is fine.

For graphic novels, well I used to buy Big Bang, but now I get them delivered I havn't been in the shop in ages. I use BookDepository for the TPB's I continue to read, found them cheaper then Amazon, albeit a little slower in delivery.

If you mean crap by the general web presence of sites, yeah its prety rubbish. For example, I'd probably be ordering a lot more from The Big Bang if they had a webfront where I could just browse and impulse by to ****. There is an opportunity there for someone.

Proper web store, manage your pull lists via an account management page, and just spontanous purchases to beat the band. I'm big into Pop vinyl, all the comic stores losing my custom because they don't operate an online presence. I know you can just "email" or tweet or whatever, but sometimes I am just idly browsing online. So many stores fail to grasp its the spur of the moment purchase where online stores make their killings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

You won't get better than Amazon for prices. They may not have some of the more obscure titles however. For the mainstream stuff though they are your only man

Advertisement