Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I making the right desicion?

Options
  • 04-02-2017 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This thread may sound absolutely pathetic, but it is something that has me worried all the time. I have family in sloviansk in Ukraine, you probably heard of the war there at the moment, but sloviansk was taken over by the Ukraine army in July 2014. My father has fallen ill and I need to get to sloviansk to see him, as he might not have that long.
    I am extremely upset about this and need advice, should I go or should I stay, and what will happen if he passes away and I can't go over. I am probably going to decide very soon, but if I did go would I be making the right descison?

Thank you, advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

This thread may sound absolutely pathetic, but it is something that has me worried all the time. I have family in sloviansk in Ukraine, you probably heard of the war there at the moment, but sloviansk was taken over by the Ukraine army in July 2014. My father has fallen ill and I need to get to sloviansk to see him, as he might not have that long.
    I am extremely upset about this and need advice, should I go or should I stay, and what will happen if he passes away and I can't go over. I am probably going to decide very soon, but if I did go would I be making the right descison?

Thank you, advice would be appreciated.

What is the risk associated with going? Are you worried that you may not be able to return here? Or has the situation there escalated to a point where it might be a real threat to your safety? How have your family advised you on this? If there isn't a risk to your physical well being then I would say absolutely go. You may not get the opportunity to have this time again with your Dad. But that's all other things being equal, with the assumption that there is no other threat to you, once you are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

some things you just got to do, take advice from your family living there, they are going to know what the transport etc is like.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement