Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I enter NZ while my WHV is processing?

• 04-02-2017 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I booked flights to a friends wedding, but my WHV is still processing as I want to stay and work in New Zealand after the wedding. My question is, can I enter New Zealand as a visitor while my WHV is processing or is there the possibility that it might get cancelled. I'm pretty sure this is the case for oz?!?! But I also know you can apply for a WHV if already in NZ as a visitor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

tomgaa wrote: »
    I booked flights to a friends wedding, but my WHV is still processing as I want to stay and work in New Zealand after the wedding. My question is, can I enter New Zealand as a visitor while my WHV is processing or is there the possibility that it might get cancelled. I'm pretty sure this is the case for oz?!?! But I also know you can apply for a WHV if already in NZ as a visitor.

When do you arrive? Turn-around time for processing a WHV is very fast in my experience, only took 2 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tomgaa

smackyB wrote: »
    When do you arrive? Turn-around time for processing a WHV is very fast in my experience, only took 2 working days.

I applied Dec 19th, but I am a diabetic, so I had to go for a full medical and X-ray. My results are then put in a pile with everyone else who is classed as having an "abnormal" medical and then I just wait in que for it to be assessed. They told me it would take an extra 4-6 weeks and I'm flying out out this Friday Feb 10th which is bang on the 5week mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

tomgaa wrote: »
    I applied Dec 19th, but I am a diabetic, so I had to go for a full medical and X-ray. My results are then put in a pile with everyone else who is classed as having an "abnormal" medical and then I just wait in que for it to be assessed. They told me it would take an extra 4-6 weeks and I'm flying out out this Friday Feb 10th which is bang on the 5week mark.

Wow, a full medical seems like a totally unnecessary requirement for a 1 year casual work visa. I'm not sure I can offer much by way of advice other than to give NZ Immigration a call, they're usually fairly helpful. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

smackyB wrote: »
    Wow, a full medical seems like a totally unnecessary requirement for a 1 year casual work visa. I'm not sure I can offer much by way of advice other than to give NZ Immigration a call, they're usually fairly helpful. Good luck!

Apply for a nz holiday visa. Its valid for three months. Any travel agent will sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tomgaa

mycro2013 wrote: »
    Apply for a nz holiday visa. Its valid for three months. Any travel agent will sort it out.

if you are from a waiver country like ireland, you dont need to apply for a vistor visa, my only concern is will it have any affect on my whv if i enter the country before it is processed. My immigration officer is very unhelpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement