Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Career Guidance

Options
  • 04-02-2017 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey.. So I'm 30 now and on a path in terms of career that I'm fairly indifferent about. I work in the world of marketing but it's something I've just kinda fallen into in a way and I'm not crazy about it, I think!!

Anyway, I'm lost as to the direction to go in and feel like I need to make a change or something but I'm not sure about what that change should be.

I'd love to meet with a career guidance person (in south East I'd like to avoid Dublin) who is legitimate and not a rip off merchant. I've had a bad experience in the past where ultimately I met with one, did all the tests and in the end was told I should follow a career as a pub landlord based on the fact I said when I was younger I enjoyed working in a bar while ignoring the fact I said that type of work was not something I was interested in long term. I really felt like she didn't listen to the bigger picture.

I'd like to meet with someone who is not just going to point me in the direction of a couple of standard jobs (that make sense?) like I want someone who will genuinely listen to who I am, all the stuff I'm into and work with me To Help me understand myself and my interests more and help me get focused.

If anyone knows of anyone or can point me in the direction of something/someone who helped you out I'd really appreciate it! It can be a person,online whatever!! Just so long as it doesn't cost a bomb!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Most (all?) of the ETBs offer an Adult Career Guidance Service ... hopefully this list will link!

Advertisement