Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Eneloop Pro 2500mAh AA and AAA Batteries (4 pack)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

Excellent spot, thanks OP - Eneloop are my rechargeables of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Great batteries
    Have lots of them my self, so won't be needing these.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Can anyone recommend a charger to go with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Lenny wrote: »
    This one for example. Looks like a BC700's successor, best cheap charger ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I'd recommend the Nitecore I4.
    Great charger that lets you charge a nice range of batteries.
    http://ecirette.ie/shop/chargers/nitecore-i4-charger/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Spocker wrote: »
    Excellent spot, thanks OP - Eneloop are my rechargeables of choice

How do they compare with the Nimh 2500 mAh rechargeable AA's from Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

These have extremely low self discharge. If you charge them, you should expect them to be almost fully charged when you come back to use them some months later.
    Most other batteries will be flat a month or two later even if fully charged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I've been meaning for a while to get a stash of these Eneloop Pro's and today's the day.
    Bought the recommended 7dayshop recharger also for good measure as I'm currently using a cheapo Energizer one.
    Thanks op and joujoujou.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

joujoujou wrote: »
    This one for example. Looks like a BC700's successor, best cheap charger ever.

great ill buy that so, why is there free delivery on the battery but not on the charger ?!

great ill buy that so, why is there free delivery on the battery but not on the charger ?!

Seems to be because the charger is dispatched from the UK, but the batteries are from "outside the EU", which I assume means the Channel Islands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

I ordered two packs of AA , what's the limit on non EU deliveries for customs ?

I ordered two packs of AA , what's the limit on non EU deliveries for customs ?

its €22, but they will not collect seek money if the vat due amount is under €6
    so you could purchase something up to €25...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

If you intend purchasing more than 1 pack, split your order and you'll receive a link to Quidco in your invoice email, enabling you to get £10 cashback when you spend £10 or more on 7dayshop through Quidco subsequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

How, much are they normally? look to be around the same price on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

You can pay anything up to 20 euro for 4 AA.
    They're the best batteries on the market , same company powers the Tesla cars

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭katkev

IKEA sell these for €6.50 a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

katkev wrote: »
    IKEA sell these for €6.50 a pack.
    link? only thing I can find are these but they aren't Eneloops.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭katkev

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »
    Wtf are you on about? Those are clearly not Eneloops.

And you'd have to drive to Ikea to get them... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Are these the Chinese or Japanese eneloops?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have a look at Amazon too, I find them very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭SteM

andy125 wrote: »
    Are these the Chinese or Japanese eneloops?

7dayshop says
    PLEASE NOTE: Panasonic aquired the Sanyo battery division in April 2013 so these batteries are now called Panasonic ENELOOP and not Sanyo. 5th Generation stock BK-3HCDE-4BE made in Japan!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Thargor wrote: »
    Wtf are you on about? Those are clearly not Eneloops.

It is widely known in the battery enthusiast forums (yup that exists!) that Ikea's batteries are Eneloop Pros with just Ikea branding on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Bought two packs this evening and compared them to my recently purchased Eneloop Pro's. I wish I'd known about the Ikea option then. A side by side comparison, checking vent ports and everything else I can inspect visually shows no difference between these batteries. I'll be adding several more packs tomorrow if I get a chance to visit Ikea again on the way home. These are an absolute bargain, Ikea branded or not. Where else will you get Japanese made LSD Ni-Mh AA's with a 2450mAh capacity for that price? Nowhere. Ikea LADDA batteries, that's the real bargain IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are videos of them testing ikea & eneloops on youtube, they had them in camera flashes and you could see the eneloop performed slightly better, but nowhere near the % difference compared to price, i.e. it could have been 2% faster to recharge, but was over twice the price. Could be like many things, out of the exact same factory, but tested in the factory and the slightly worse ones get sold a hell of a lot cheaper due to having slightly worse performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Bought two packs this evening and compared them to my recently purchased Eneloop Pro's. I wish I'd known about the Ikea option then. A side by side comparison, checking vent ports and everything else I can inspect visually shows no difference between these batteries. I'll be adding several more packs tomorrow if I get a chance to visit Ikea again on the way home. These are an absolute bargain, Ikea branded or not. Where else will you get Japanese made LSD Ni-Mh AA's with a 2450mAh capacity for that price? Nowhere. Ikea LADDA batteries, that's the real bargain IMHO.

A steal at 6.50 tbh, i knew about the amazon basics, fujitsu and certain duracells being rebranded older gen japanese eneloops but the Ladda is new to me and seems to be comparable to current gen pros which makes it an even better bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pissy Crappypants.. I never knew that either. I bought 2 packs of each from the 7dayshop.
    Ikea- http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/lighting/batteries-chargers/ladda-rechargeable-battery-art-70303876/
    Currently out of stock at Dublin Store
    Hopefully get more in soon.
    I am still happy with the "official" version and price, but i have a few things that require batteries. I would have ordered a lot more at €6.50 per pack :)
    Thanks for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement