Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalue €2 steak mince with free onions and mushrooms

Options
  • 04-02-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Supervalue €2 (which is half the price of the normal €4) steak mince with free onions and mushrooms
    its called round steak mince approx. 0.454kg in weight,
    free mushrooms 250g closed cup
    free bag of brown onions 750g

plenty of stock but going fast...BARGAIN!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Don't tell the farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Great bargain, thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

TallGlass wrote: »
    Don't tell the farmers

Ah don't worry, they pay us as little as they can anyways so it's good to see someone else getting a bargain:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,799 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The farmers have were not happy, greedy b words after all the cash they hoover up from the EU, they have some cheek. Grab it while you can ends today as a result of them moaning...
    This week, farmers were again unhappy with a promotion that offered free onions and mushrooms to customers.

The IFA said that the retailer had informed them of the suspension of the current promotional programme, following their discussions.

IFA President Joe Healy said: “Following representations made by the IFA to SuperValu, the retailer has decided not to extend the current promotional programme beyond tomorrow, February 4th.

At the time, SuperValu emphasised that it had funded the entire cost of the promotion, and that it had “been planned and agreed in consultation with [their] suppliers”.

http://www.thejournal.ie/supervalu-veg-promotion-3220672-Feb2017/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Plenty in blackrock but I didnt bother with 13% fat content.
    They had mince with 7% at 3 for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

It's actually 5% I think. Great offer - 1.2kg of 5% mince for €10. It's really nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

i bought 7 of them :D God knows what im going to do with all the onions........ i live on my own. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭corks finest

Matt.ie wrote: »
    i bought 7 of them :D God knows what im going to do with all the onions........ i live on my own. :D

More underpants needed

Maybe just as well you do live on your own. The duvet will be billowing like a flag on your new mainly-onion diet. :pac:

Make onion soup and freeze it in batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

The farmers have were not happy, greedy b words after all the cash they hoover up from the EU, they have some cheek. Grab it while you can ends today as a result of them moaning...

http://www.thejournal.ie/supervalu-veg-promotion-3220672-Feb2017/

Clueless. Farmers need subsidies because of below cost selling like this.
    Anyway, you`ll pick up the bill in your next pay packet so jokes on you :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭Xterminator

At the time, SuperValu emphasised that it had funded the entire cost of the promotion, and that it had “been planned and agreed in consultation with [their] suppliers”.

not really the farmers business.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭cbreeze

that's over five kilos of onions. But they keep a long time so they can go into your meatballs, french onion soup, stews, rosti with potatoes, salads

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

No problem, there will be more for me :D
    Thank God for low carb diets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

FYP:D
    annie.t wrote: »
    No problem, there will be more for me :D
    Thank God for low carb fat diets

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Dice and freeze the onions - handy for throwing into many recipes

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

It's actually 5% I think. Great offer - 1.2kg of 5% mince for €10. It's really nice too.

Is this prepacked or is it available at the butcher counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Is this prepacked or is it available at the butcher counter?
    Prepacked - 3 x 400g packs for €10 (or there is mix and match with other products)

Advertisement