Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade for Oculus Rift ready spec

Options
  • 03-02-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

I was luckily selected to be a casual tester for Oculus so I need to upgrade my PC to run the oculus rift well. To make it slightly more complicated I would like to build a 2nd PC out of the old parts to give to my daughter or sell on.

The current spec serves me well, I am a casual gamer and play Farm Sim, Battlefield 1, WOT & Armoured Warfare with 100+ FPS. I also render and upload the odd youtube video (2 per month). I have a Gsync 1080p monitor (AOC G2460PG) so Nvidia must remain and not very interested in going beyond 1080p.

Budget ~€700

Current Spec: M-ITX
    CPU: I5 3340
    Mobo: ASRock H77m-itx
    Ram: 8GB DDR3 Kingston
    GPU: NVidia GTX960
    PSU: Corsair CX430
    Storage: 250 GB Samsung SSD & 2TB Western digital HDD

Case: Corsair 250d with H100i v2 cooler
    Spare GPU: GTX750i

I think I will need a new CPU, Mobo, RAM at least and possibly a new PSU.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd say you'd manage with just a jump to a 6gb 1060 or a 1070 tbh, don't think you need a new core

Advertisement