Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours degree and foreign diplomas

Options
  • 03-02-2017 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone. I'm not sure I'm posting this on the right thread, I'm new here, so I apologize if I made a mistake posting this here. I'm from Croatia and I'm thinking of moving to Ireland. I've done some research on levels of qualification in Ireland, it's very different from Croatian and some of it very confusing. I have a BA in History and MA in Prehistory and Classical History, with additional 18 courses (93 ECTS points) in Archaeology. According to NFQ I have a Level 9 qualification (if I'm not mistaken). The thing that I don't get is the "honours degree" term. I saw that under "requirements" on some job ads. I figured it has something to do with grades. During my MA I had mostly 5's (A's in Irish system, I think), which is the highest grade you can get in Croatia. So can anyone please explain to me what the term "honours" means. 
    Also, my fiance is a pharmaceutical technician. He finished a Gymnasium (high school) and then another school for technician. He studied veterinary medicine and dropped our with just a few exams to go. Then he got a 1-year Internship in pharmaceuticals followed by a state exam. I don't know if the system works the same in Ireland so I don't know which level of qualification he has. Thank you for all your help and once again, sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Advertisement