Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen not working properly

Options
  • 03-02-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have an Acer Aspire 7750. A while back my screen started to go on and off intermittently, until one day it just went. It works fine through the HDMI which I have been using for a few months now. The status of the laptop screen now is white with a few coloured lines. There was a time where if I moved the lid up and down the screen would be ok but then goes after a while. I could bring it to someone to fix but I'm cheap and don't have that much money at the moment.

Can anyone please advise what could be done without spending a rake load of money?

I have tools at home so I'm willing to have a go at it myself but would need some direction.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I've gotten laptop screens from these guys before. Delivered from the UK the day after ordering and they seem to have videos for nearly every single laptop model out there on how to replace the screen. Check yours out on it and see if you can do what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Maybe bring it to a laptop repair shop,
    My laptop toshiba screen went blank, it would come on for 5 seconds on bootup sometimes and go blank, i removed the hardrive and then put it back.
    the cable to the screen was loose,i think.
    screen came on a few times ,most of the time the screen was blank.
    i removed all the screws from the underside of the laptop.
    Then i slightly opened the laptop,1or 2mm from the lower part under the keyboard .
    Then i replaced the all screws .
    Now the screen comes on as normal.
    the cable from the laptop could be loose or needs to be replaced or the screen itself is fault.
    put the screws in a bowl.so as not to lose them.
    first take out the laptop battery .Switch off laptop.
    remove laptop power cable from laptop power socket.
    It worked for me.i dont think its necessary to remove the laptop hardrive.
    screen now comes on all the time on my laptop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 vondes

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's weird, for example I did not experience such difficulties with the DELL INSPIRON 3000 11 2-IN-1. Perhaps the defective system?[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it sounds like the screen cable going from the panel to the motherboard may be either loose or damaged
    they are usually around the hinges so if you start poking around there and see if that does anything then open it up using a take apart youtube video and investigate further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

If it comes to it, here's how to replace the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sheepy01

Get it diagnosed before doing anything. There are at least 5 things that can go wrong for that symptom.

Advertisement