Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for college and coding?

Options
  • 03-02-2017 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

So my current laptop is an Asus Zenbook UX32A which I spent around €1000 about 5 years ago.

I have put so much money into repairing it, so now even though it will only work when plugged in, I do not want to invest in replacing the battery or repairing whatever else the issue may be.

I have built a decent desktop now which I can use for anything that requires much performance, so I really just need a laptop for college, coding (nothing too intensive to compile right now), maybe watching video on sometimes but no editing.

A responsible budget is around €500, and although it may not be possible, what I would like for that price is the following:

~ 13" display
    Intel i5
    SSD large enough to dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

This seems perfect, it just the size I do not like, although I have not seen one in person:

HP 250 G5 (X0Q78ES#ABU) 15.6" Laptop Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3GHz / 2.8 GHz Turbo Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1366 x 768 Screen Resolution, HDMI, USB 3.0, Card Reader, Windows 10

I am prepared to compromise on some of the requirements I listed, or spend another €100 if it really makes a difference for a great laptop. Maybe I do not need an i5, or the 15" really is not all that cumbersome on the HP 250 G5?

I would appreciate any recommendations or advice.

Advertisement