Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build or upgrade ?

Options
  • 03-02-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi any advice would be welcome guys thanks
    My pc is 5 years old, attached an original part list
    I've a 2500k cpu ( still haven't overclocked it)
    Changed a couple of parts
    Using an r9 280
    Win 10
    A bigger SSD
    Different case
    Monitor is a pg279q
    I'd like to change graphics card to use the g sync on the monitor but don't know if I should get new motherboard, cpu or stick with the same
    Playing mostly world of Warcraft
    Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd say your 2500k is probably still good, especially as you have overclocking headroom

A 1060 would be a nice jump from the 280, nothing extreme but it shouldn't cost more than about €120 or so with the money you'll get from the 280

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd be inclined to say OC that 2500K for all it's worth and get a GTX1060 6GB. That's a very nice monitor and if you're mostly playing WOW the GTX1060 6GB is a very big upgrade (so is the GTX1060 3GB, if you prefer to do it cheaper)

Advertisement