Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rootsireland grumble

Options
  • 03-02-2017 1:09pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It is so mean that you cannot access previously viewed records when the subscription runs out.

I forgot to take a screenshot of one early marriage and they want €10 to get it again.

I found the corresponding church record at least.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

If they provided a proper way of saving records rather than having to go down the 'screen grab' route this would be less of a problem.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Well, there is a "saved" records option, but it doesn't work if haven't a current subscription.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Sorry pinky - I mean a method of allowing you save images to your pc.

Every other website I regularly visit - Find My Past, Ancestry, irishgenealogy, NAI, NLI, irishnewsarchive - all provide a button to allow you to save images directly to your pc or other device so why not Roots?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Oh yes, I agree with you there.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I'm actually delighted to praise them on one point - the search engine is vastly improved at this point. Much more flexible.

There's a lot more to be released from those old records though. The transcriptions have many gaps from what is known to exist even still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

There is actually a way to save records to your PC. If you press print record, you can save it as a pdf. I have a vast amount of records on my computer in that format. I find it way handier than screenshots.

Yes, I've done that too but I don't like the look of the image that way.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement