Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Laura Perrins and where is she from?

Options
  • 03-02-2017 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Can't find much about her online. She's on Question Time atm and I can see online she has made some books and went to ucd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Can't find much about her online. She's on Question Time atm and I can see online she has made some books and went to ucd.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/wanting-the-credit-for-staying-at-home-1.1464218

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conservative_Woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TommyRiordan

Thank you, assumed Dublin. Getting tore to shreds by social media now by actual British people atm for being so conservative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

that eejit from countdown loves the sound of his own voice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Thank you, assumed Dublin. Getting tore to shreds by social media now by actual British people atm for being so conservative.

she's rightly getting torn to shreds. she stated that in WW2, the holocaust was the german state acting on its own citizens. kinda forgot about the invasions of different independent countries.
    british people know very little on irish history (esp norn irish history). you'd think she'd be a little more aware of what happens when you marginalise a community. although, she does run a conservative woman website, keeps talking about 'we' when talking about the british, so she just needs to lose the accent to be fully assimilated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TommyRiordan

she's rightly getting torn to shreds. she stated that in WW2, the holocaust was the german state acting on its own citizens. kinda forgot about the invasions of different independent countries.
    british people know very little on irish history (esp norn irish history). you'd think she'd be a little more aware of what happens when you marginalise a community. although, she does run a conservative woman website, keeps talking about 'we' when talking about the british, so she just needs to lose the accent to be fully assimilated.

Met many Dubliners like this when i used to work in a call centre part time at qub speaking to ppl living in England. Referred to themselves as we in regards to being English, too. Mostly women. Often would moan about Ireland as well (how slow things were done there was the most frequent complaint). Always seemed to have moved to London, like her, no other city.

I have little doubt she cares about us in the north, and if she does, it's undoubtable which side she would defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I misread the thread title as about Lee and Perrins. :(

*steps out*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Booterstown

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YoungRogerian

Let's just be thankful this far right attention seeker chose to emigrate and inflict her off the wall Thatcherism on the Brits instead.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Skunk Sense... straight out of Brass Eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,349 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I looked this ones name up because she was on Sky News Vehemently defending Winston Churchill.
    I had to switch off when I heard her accent I felt sick.
    The debate was about whether the statues of Churchill, Cromwell and Nelson be taken down.

I have heard the term 'West Brit' overused unfairly on many occasions for some Irish people.
    But in this case it is 100% justified they should have her picture in the dictionary definition of it as well.

I assume she gets more attention over there because of her accent.
    Similar to the craze British people have over any comedian with an Irish accent.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

She is from Dublin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Perrins

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

7 month mystery solved by internet.

Your Face wrote: »
    7 month mystery solved by internet.

she was on channel 4 news tonight defending the empire. she was asked if she was proud of britain's colonial past.

it appears she's just the token conservative commentator that news outlets now turn to when the bottom of the barrel is scraped through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

she was on channel 4 news tonight defending the empire. she was asked if she was proud of britain's colonial past.

it appears she's just the token conservative commentator that news outlets now turn to when the bottom of the barrel is scraped through.

Whatever.

Your Face wrote: »
    Whatever.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_6z6xp6yhl7gg404gkg44gg0w4_640.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I think we can all be grateful she's not in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Met many Dubliners like this when i used to work in a call centre part time at qub speaking to ppl living in England. Referred to themselves as we in regards to being English, too. Mostly women. Often would moan about Ireland as well (how slow things were done there was the most frequent complaint). Always seemed to have moved to London, like her, no other city.

Moved to London? Where the English live, eh?

She'll need more than Stena Line or Ryanair ticket - she'll need a time machine that takes you back several decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

No Worcestershire joke yet? SMDH. Ya'll n*ggaz done fell off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Good to see her defending the genius of Lord Nelson, thank you Laura.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Water John

And we've got Mary Ellen Synon back again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

Conservative fair enough. It's the lickspittling re the British Empire that reeks of edgelord attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

She's right about the whole statue thing. UK should not be jumping on the US bandwagon taking down statues because they offend some groups.

No idea what else she is on about though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I misread the thread title as about Lee and Perrins. :(

*steps out*

1st thing I thought of was Sunshine Desserts ;)

cryptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I've met a surprising amount of Irish people in London who become "more English than the English themselves".

Faux English accents, going for afternoon tea, love the Tories etc. Mainly women and also a few gay men. Often they would denigrate Ireland subtly. Sometimes it's comical other times there's more a bitter edge to it.

I remember one classic went along the lines of "let's go to Nando's, you poor Irish guys probably never heard of it yeah?" I was like, ehhh, there's about 10 of them in Dublin and they're hardly fine dining...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Saw her on Channel 4 News last might, pretty sure she said that Irish people have a very simplistic attitude to attitude to history before waxing lyrical about the glory of empire. She is an utter hypocrite, and don't get me started on the whole self hating paddy routine.

The woman she was debating with about taking Nelsons statue down from Trafalgar Square was also a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dubcelt

Just seen this bint on sky news. As a Dubliner I'd be ashamed to say that this westbrit bull****ter is from my city.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YoungRogerian

She's moderately attractive too, which always helps TV companies take an interest in you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Advertisement