Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying/returning item toamazon.it

Options
  • 02-02-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a monitor on amazon.it because it got a good price and it is sold and shipped by Amazon. This way I don't have to worry too much if something goes wrong then have to contact the seller directly.

I have never returned anything to amazon before. So I am asking this in case I do need to as I am not sure what the procedures are like.

Do I need to pay for the cost of shipping the monitor back?:confused: Will there be more complication if it is returning to amazon.it compared to amazon.co.uk? Also this might seem silly, but is it ok to contact them using English?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

.de have English operations now. Not sure about .it.

.Co.UK stopped selling TVs to Ireland before, not sure if that ban is still in place BUT shipping to them is a LOT more affordable than Italy. Id be slow to purchase a TV from there unless it was a really stellar bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

ED E wrote: »
    .de have English operations now. Not sure about .it.

.Co.UK stopped selling TVs to Ireland before, not sure if that ban is still in place BUT shipping to them is a LOT more affordable than Italy. Id be slow to purchase a TV from there unless it was a really stellar bargain.

I looked at .de but it is around €100 more expensive than .it and .co.uk doesn't ship to Ireland except if you use 3rd party sellers.

I presume amazon would provide their customer with free shipping or something if the product is faulty and needs to be returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I presume amazon would provide their customer with free shipping or something if the product is faulty and needs to be returned?

Yes, but there's a reimbursement cap. They offered my up to £9 for a packet back to the UK.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

ED E wrote: »
    Yes, but there's a reimbursement cap. They offered my up to £9 for a packet back to the UK.

But if the item is faulty I think they should refund the full amount, if it's a change of mind I would understand the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

nava wrote: »
    But if the item is faulty I think they should refund the full amount, if it's a change of mind I would understand the cap.

Change of mind returns were never free or even partially reimbursed, at least not in the last few years. You had to claim something along the line of the item not matching the description or similar to get free postage, else you had to pay to Amazon - although it was still much less than Anpost would charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement