Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music technology

Options
  • 02-02-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Trying to choose between doing 6 pieces or 4+ Music tech option? What's involved in the music technology thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

Anyone have any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rjc7313

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Trying to choose between doing 6 pieces or 4+ Music tech option? What's involved in the music technology thing?

I'm not doing music tech but from what I understand the examiner details a piece and you have to write it out on sibelius. If you don't have any expirence with sibelius you might not have enough time to study it, you have to be very fluent with music tech.

Again I don't do music tech myself so hopefully someone more expirenced will chime in or just speak to your music teacher about it (he/she should have gone through all this if you are doing music in school)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭picturehangup

If doing two activities rather than one, and one is Mus Tech, then it is the student in consultation with your teacher who chooses the pieces to be input. Yes, you can have this practised ages in advance, there is still lots of time to prepare. Bring the copy into the exam, you can give examiner a copy if you like, but not necessary. You can work from this copy on the day, you do not need to memorise it. You then need to input either one 4part piece, eg STring Quartet, or any other ensemble, or you can input two 2 part pieces such as two simple piano pieces. In my experience one 4 part is easier, as saves time setting up a second score if you do 2 part pieces. Check out some of the samples in Higgins and Higgins. They are fine for this exam to achieve full marks. You need to input quite fast, no errors, then playback what you have input. Then perform 3 edits, such as insert metronome mark, or change a previous one, or insert dynamics, or insert articulation. These edits must make musical sense and be audible to the examiner. Then show how to print out the score, save score, close file and retrieve. Very handy marks in my opinion. Check with your teacher, they should be able to help. PM me if you like.

Advertisement