Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts and working

Options
  • 02-02-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭

I wonder about those with high level of posts are they supposed to be working ? I think workplaces are likely to introduce wifi security software .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm on ethernet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I don't use the internet during working hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

My current place has a 'Talk to' on boards. I presume that's why it's not blocked. In every other place I was in it was restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I dont think ive ever used the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Ara don't be a spoilsport. Sure we're only having the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Have you heard of shift work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

I'm working

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just calculated and in the 13 years I've been on boards, my post total comes to an average of just under 8 posts per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I wonder about those with high level of posts are they supposed to be working ? I think workplaces are likely to introduce wifi security software .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Stheno wrote: »
    I just calculated and in the 13 years I've been on boards, my post total comes to an average of just under 8 posts per day.

Doesnt boards tell you that somewhere anyway....could have sworn it did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,051 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm routinely accused of being a paid party member. Paid to be online promoting a party line.
    I am self employed and also work part time. I am rarely away from access to a computer, even out walking, it is all there in my pocket. I counted 12 ways of accessing the internet in my sitting room alone last night, counting PC's, laptops, tablets and phones.
    I often, when accused, wonder what kind of pre-technological world the accuser lives in.
    Or how long they think it takes to write a two or three sentence reply to a post you are instantly notified of being posted.
    Neither my business or my job has suffered from posting to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

So this is the state of the nation !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I don't work. It's a requirement if I'm to live in my mother's basement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its 1.47 post per day for me although how do post .47 of a post here 11 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Ever hear the phrase 'less (work) is more'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Boards is an addiction. So, just like functioning alcoholics find a way, so too will functioning Boards-aholics.

Advertisement