Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card

Options
  • 02-02-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question if anyone can help.

The last time I used the leap card, you had to approach the driver, and not just use the touch on machine - for short journeys- less than 15 stages - is this still the case. Is Dublin city to UCD (Stillorgan Rd) less than 15 stages?

/end of possibly stupid questions

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Yes, you still need to go to the driver.
    That looks like 9 stages, so €2.05 from the driver.

There is a fare calculator here
    http://dublinbus.ie/Fare-Calculator/Fare-Calculator-Results/?routeNumber=11&direction=O&board=20&alight=39

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Kurn wrote: »
    The last time I used the leap card, you had to approach the driver, and not just use the touch on machine - for short journeys - less than 15 stages - is this still the case. Is Dublin city to UCD (Stillorgan Rd) less than 15 stages?

Yes to the question about going to the driver but it's up to and including 13 stages - more than 13 stages and you validate at the machine on the right.

For the 46A from the city centre, the €2.05 fare (4-13 stages) would cover you from the NCR before St. Peters Church Phibsboro to the Montrose Hotel stop (Woodbine Road) opp. UCD. From Hanlons Corner to UCD would be 14 stages.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Fares-and-Tickets/Adult/

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Hi, can anyone confirm if there is 'emergeny' credit on the leap card? I am showing 1.80e not enough to get me to city, is it possible to go into overdraft on the card?

cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can go to -5 in a single transaction. Once under 0 you can't start another trip

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

L1011 wrote: »
    You can go to -5 in a single transaction. Once under 0 you can't start another trip

+5 ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement