Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear ended, liable hasn't contacted insurance

Options
  • 02-02-2017 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Was rear ended last Friday night. Garda took details and I have heard nothing since. Contacted my insurance broker on Weds to give liable a chance to take initiative, however their insurance was not made aware of a possible claim. Liable covered by group policy. Meanwhile I'm left driving a car with an unsafe badly damaged bumper. Cannot get sub car until liable's insurance ok's this. Not impressed at the Liable not giving a fook.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

holyhead wrote: »
    Was rear ended last Friday night. Garda took details and I have heard nothing since. Contacted my insurance broker on Weds to give liable a chance to take initiative, however their insurance was not made aware of a possible claim. Liable covered by group policy. Meanwhile I'm left driving a car with an unsafe badly damaged bumper. Cannot get sub car until liable's insurance ok's this. Not impressed at the Liable not giving a fook.

TBH if you were going to make the claim I would not be waiting for the other driver I would just press on with their insurance company myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    TBH if you were going to make the claim I would not be waiting for the other driver I would just press on with their insurance company myself.

Did that on Weds but this is a big organisation involved in health care and you would have thought they would be professional. I should have been rung Mon/Tue with arrangements for a sub car while mine was fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It happened me before and the guy in question failed to engage with his insurance company at all. It did delay things for me as they had to give him ten working days to reply every time they contacted him but I got sorted eventually. Hopefully you're not waiting too long, OP. Took me about 12 weeks from the date of the accident to getting the nod to go ahead with the repairs from his insurer. Just keep hassling them, it's what I had to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was rear ended last Friday night.
    Contacted my insurance broker on Weds to give liable a chance to take initiative, however their insurance was not made aware of a possible claim.
    Eh.... what? You got rear-ended, and you're waiting for them to fix it for you? You have their insurance details, you get a quote, give them the quote, and once you have confirmation, you get it fixed.

If you have the pulse number for the report, give that as proof of it happening, as it sounds like they may be denying it ever happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

the_syco wrote: »
    Eh.... what? You got rear-ended, and you're waiting for them to fix it for you? You have their insurance details, you get a quote, give them the quote, and once you have confirmation, you get it fixed.

If you have the pulse number for the report, give that as proof of it happening, as it sounds like they may be denying it ever happened.

Apparently I have to wait for their insurance to assess the damage first whenever they decide it's for them to fix. Of course they should fix it they did it. This is an apparently reputable organisation in my neck of the woods and I expected them to take the initiative to fix the damage their employee did to my car. What's even worse is they hadn't notified their own insurance of a possible claim by the time my broker put in a claim.

It will all get sorted but the lack of giving a hoot is disturbing considering I'm driving a car which is not as safe to drive due to the actions of their employee while that employee was driving a car they are insuring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement