Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withings Activité Steel 25% Off

Options
  • 02-02-2017 12:53am
    Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭

Valid until 14th Feb, use code BEMYVALENTINE at the checkout; not all colours are in stock

https://www.withings.com/eu/en/store/details/activite-steel?_b=bemyvalentine

I picked up one of these when last on sale, and I'm very impressed with it; I was replacing a Pebble and preferred an analogue watch that tracked stuff, rather than a smartwatch. The only downside for me was the silicone strap - it irritated my skin and I had to replace it with a leather instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I need to stop checking this forum :(

Thanks OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I had eyed this watch up from pictures of it online, genuinely didn't know it was anything other than a regular watch so the few smart features are a nice bonus. Pity about the leather straps being so expensive, would anyone know any cheaper versions not necessarily from the manufacturer that would work the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭yannakis

It's very annoying that their shopping cart doesn't show the total!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Spocker wrote:
    The only downside for me was the silicone strap - it irritated my skin and I had to replace it with a leather instead.

Likewise. I haven't replaced it yet, but the silicon strap has really irritated my skin to the point where my skin is peeling where the watch sits. I must get a leather strap instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,231 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is the code for an extra 25% on the already discounted prices ? How would they compare to a fitbit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randomname2005

2smiggy wrote: »
    is the code for an extra 25% on the already discounted prices ? How would they compare to a fitbit ?

When I went to checkout it said that the code had been applied and the watch was at the discounted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Does this have GPS? HRM? Neither? Both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Classy piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Soarer wrote: »

Neither from what I could tell, the steel HR has the HR. This has steps/distance/sleep cycle/time/time to fall asleep etc in the ios/android apps.

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

cefh17 wrote: »
    I had eyed this watch up from pictures of it online, genuinely didn't know it was anything other than a regular watch so the few smart features are a nice bonus. Pity about the leather straps being so expensive, would anyone know any cheaper versions not necessarily from the manufacturer that would work the same?
    Likewise. I haven't replaced it yet, but the silicon strap has really irritated my skin to the point where my skin is peeling where the watch sits. I must get a leather strap instead.

This is what I got at the replacement, nice and thin:
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p16994h795s796-Watch-band-Scandic-1.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

Soarer wrote: »

Neither, but thats why I got it - I did the Pebble thing, and prefer an analogue with (some) smarts, rather than a smartwatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got the steel for 100 a while ago.
    I he only thing putting me off the HR is the 5 day recharge. Did my head in with the fitbit.

Advertisement