Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandy Dungeon: Legend of Brave Yamada

Options
  • 01-02-2017 11:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭

There's the mobile forum but hoping this will get a bit more appreciation here.

I've been playing this game the last few days and it's bizarre but in the great way only weird Japanese games can be. It follows the life of a Japanese game developer who has just left his job at a big game developer and has decided to go indie. The events that follow are quite strange but cut quite close to the trials faced by game devs giving up a stable salaried job to go indie.

The actual gameplay takes place as you 'test' the game Yamada is making. It's a fun little puzzle/RPG hybrid with a surprising amount of depth. More and more features get added to the game as Yamada develops it further.

The game was created by Yoshiro Kimura who had previously worked on some very unique games such as Little King's Story, Chulip, Rule of Rose and Lack of Love. I get the feeling the game is very autobiographical.

Anyway I'll let the trailer do the talking:

Advertisement