Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay Scam?

Options
  • 01-02-2017 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Got an email 22hrs ago, just seen it now from ebay. Says we suspect fraudalant activity on your account, please change your password etc etc.

I smelt a rat immediately and twice when I just copied the text from it to post here a full screen opened up with hugh JUST ONE MORE SECURITY CHECK TO COMPLETE BEFORE you go to Boards.

The 2nd time I copied it, I closed my gmail first but still when I tried to past it here the above happened.

Lucky escape there 'wipes brow'

be warned folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I've just said this in a similar post about PayPal but 99% of those emails will be fake. Always go direct to the website and log in. Never go through a link in an email.

If it's genuine you should get the same message when you log in.

If you hover the cursor over the link in the email you can see it's not genuine.

Edit: Sorry for bumping this. Thought it was from today. Monday morning :confused:

Advertisement