Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Toronto on an IEC visa

Options
  • 01-02-2017 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi

I am just wondering if anyone would have any advice on job searches and renting for Toronto. I have a degree in Architectural Technology, and my IEC visa is being reviewed. (I don't see a reason why I would not get it). I am choosing Toronto as I have heard its best for making money in my industry.

Can anyone give advice on what renting their first place was like. What procedures were put in place? I have heard that they require a credit check, which obviously we will not have for Canada, although we could bring an Irish ICB cert with us if it could help.

I have looked online and rent does not seem too expensive even in downtown Toronto compared to places in Ireland.

Does anyone have any experience in getting work in the architecture industry from your Irish educational awards? I will sign up to relevant bodies and study the building code. I would love to have a job sorted before I arrive by doing some sort of online interview. Has anyone done this before?

I have tonnes of questions, but I will just stick with these for a start.

Advertisement