Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend bloggers/vloggers

Options
  • 01-02-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

Recommend good/great bloggers/vloggers you follow. What do they blog about? What make you like them?

If you ask for suggestions, try to be specific on what you are looking for - clothes/food/DIY/comedy/health/lifestyle.

Some rules
    If it is your own blog then post here instead.
    If someone have recommended a blog you cannot use this thread to disagree with them - people have different opinions about what is good content and we must respect that.

Minimal chat please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

Retro flame...irish girl living in newyork. Love her sense of style and love the snaps of living in newyork

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I very much agree about retro flame. She's highly professional and has consistently good content. She uses affiliate links but always declares.

I actually noticed recently that despite being a full time blogger she doesn't saturate her content with sent items. I like that she does digital marketing the way it should be done and curates her content and the style sells itself.

My favourites are Louise Cooney - fashion, Eimear Varian Barry (amazing content), -fashion and interiors, jenuine blogger (in Australia) - beauty and the white moose cafe - comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm a big fan of a UK blogger Anna from the Anna Edit, her blog has good content and her youtube really good too.
    She's up for a shorty award under the lifestyle category!
    She tends to not recommend products unless she uses them a lot, so I really trust her opinion, might not always agree with it now but she's seems very genuine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dolly16

Can anyone recommend some interior bloggers? Or anything on that side of things worth a look!

• Advertisement

dolly16 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some interior bloggers? Or anything on that side of things worth a look!
    Do you follow Dainty Dairies?  She's is so funny and really into interiors.  She has started youtube and is doing a lot of practical youtube demos

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dolly16

Thank you   westernlass  I'll check her out!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

dolly16 wrote: »
    Thank you   westernlass  I'll check her out!

I second Danity Dress she does gorgeous stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

I love Kenmare Foodie. Hint a food blogger! I've made loads of her recipes and they are gorgeous! She is a great writer, and her snaps makes me grool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

IT Sophy

http://www.itsophy.com/

useful to me for JAVA and some other SQL tutorials as well as other chitchat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I really like Rosemary Mac Cabe, I'm fairly new to following her on social media, but I like how honest she is in terms of disclosing ads etc, and her content is pretty interesting. She touches and beauty and fashion, but also on topics like abortion and feminism, so you get a nice mix of good reads from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm loving Chloé Boucher the past while. She's witty, funny, honest and doesn't take herself too seriously. I love how witty she comes across in her videos.

Sinéad from The Beautiful Truth is another fantastic blogger, I've been a long-time follower of hers and would always 100% recommend her.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Laura for Laura's views is good to follow. She does a good few vlogs from her travels there are a load on her YouTube channel. She is quite funny in snapchat to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

idunno78 wrote: »
    Laura for Laura's views is good to follow. She does a good few vlogs from her travels there are a load on her YouTube channel. She is quite funny in snapchat to!
    LOVE her! She's a good one for honest opinions and pretty different from the cookie cutter blogger brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I like beautylifemichelle on YouTube and the Anna edit. Both seem like nice people and do make up just the way I like. There's something about Anna that I love, I just trust her opinion over any others and she's always honest re ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Another recommendation for Laura's Views- she is hilarious! I'm also a huge fan of Sharon Leavy 'Behind Green Eyes'. She blogs about a wide variety of things- books, beauty, crafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

I love daintydressdiaries atm she's gas

Also Rosemary is always a fave of mine blogs & snap

Doireann is gas too, always watch her stories, very natural and friendly vibes

Putting it out there blog, I always watch on snap & read blogs too informative & has a good sense of humor

USA blogger Desi Perkins is a long time fave Snap & youtube, world class level of blogging here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Love Laura's views she's gas and very genuine! Only following her on snap chat now and she's now a favourite of mine!

Rosemary maccabe, varied content which I like and she's very honest in my opinion..I have to say I look forward to her snaps

The Caoimhe Guide, she's very new blogs about make up and skin care but all are affordable..breath of fresh air really. I follow her on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marieliz

Cliona from leanmeanmomma - she has some great recipes on her blog and her snaps are entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Really love Rosie Connolly. I've been following her a few months now and she's so nice. I've messaged her a couple of times and she always replies back and is very friendly.

She comes across down to Earth, doesn't Snap Harry constantly unlike some other Snapchatters I could mention and is genuinely lovely.

I also love Doireann Garrihy; she's gas.

Love James Patrice; I do be laughing out loud at his Snaps.

Like James Kavanagh most of the time but sometimes his Snaps about the weather being "v nice" or "v dull" is grating and he can appear a bit smug at times.

Love The Naked Blondie; genuinely nice girl with fab meal ideas and she's lost almost 9 stone so for me, she's an inspiration.

Also recommend Claire.balding. She's a gas character; she lost 85% of her hair last year but it's growing back now, but it's her humour that's winning her followers.

And my all time fave-The White Moose Cafe. Hours of laughs from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Started following Caroline Kay on snapchat recently (carolinekay117)

She's an Irish actress/singer based in London who's waiting for her "big break" in the West End. She's very funny and self-deprecating, and she does a lot of singing in her snaps too (she has an amazing voice!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Really loving Gemma from beautynook. She is so down to earth and I really like that she actually buys a lot of stuff herself!

<Read OP again about not posting disagreement>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Any more foodie snapchats?

Nakedblondie is great for Slimming world followers. Shes gas too.

I can only think of Slim with Derek.

He's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Material Boy is great for veggie/healthy food and hilarious too. Think his handle is @materialboy5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Chloefoodiecafe is good too and very personable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Love Ali Ryan on Snap & Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Galwaygirl55

Really like Lauras Views for straight reviews & the LOL's. Rosemary Macabe is also very honest. Only recently came across The Beautiful Truth & really liking her also. Tignam gives me a few lol's & she is very informative about her beauty products plus her house looks amazing in her snaps for anyone who loves interiors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Any recommendations for YouTube vloggers?
    Preferably vloggers that disclose promotional products / gifts and affiliated links :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement