Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crochet question

Options
  • 01-02-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I am totally new to all this and I was hoping somebody could help me. I was wondering if anyone know's where i could sell my handmade baby blankets.I have tried the usual selling websites but crochet baby blankets just don't sell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I keep seeing these in charity shops being sold for just a few euro. Seems a shame as they cost a lot more to make but trendy mums don't seem to be going for them these days. I know several ladies who make them but they can't sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

lorna74 wrote: »
    Hi. I am totally new to all this and I was hoping somebody could help me. I was wondering if anyone know's where i could sell my handmade baby blankets.I have tried the usual selling websites but crochet baby blankets just don't sell.

Are you on Etsy? If so, there is definitely a knack to selling and it does take a while. I opened my shop some 8 months back and had nothing for AGES, but the big trick is feedback and tagging correctly to make sure your listing shows up. I wouldn't recommend it if you weren't very tech-savvy. Facebook forsale pages are another way to go but you'll find a lot of the people on them aren't willing to pay what a baby blanket is worth!

Advertisement